CNYGEC: Dementia and Collaborative Care
Course Target Audience
- Healthcare Professionals
- Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Practitioners- NPs
- Registered Nurses
- Social Work
This 2014 webinar outlines the process for primary care providers (PCPs) to diagnose dementia. After viewing this webinar, you will be able to identify: dementia management goals in primary care, benefits of a collaborative care approach for patients with dementia, considerations for hospice, and online resources for PCPs, patients and families.
Note: The current price reflects a 30% discount to support education during the COVID-19 crisis. The original price is $15.00.
The Consortium of New York Geriatric Education Centers (CNYGEC) with its partner the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing (HIGN) at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing offers trainings that provide the essentials of geriatrics and gerontology. These trainings provide the participant with subject matter content information, demographic data, institutional and community care best practices, and resources.
Course Learning Objectives
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain the process for diagnosis of dementia by PCPs in the primary care setting
- Identify the goals of management of dementia in primary care
- Identify the benefits of a collaborative approach to care of patients with dementia
- Identify online resources for PCPs, Patients and Families
- Identify considerations for hospice