Care of Older Adults in Rural America (COA-RA) Series
Course CE Credits
7.0 Nursing Continuing Education Contact Hour
Course Target Audience
- Registered Nurses
- Social Work
The Care of Older Adults in Rural Areas (COA-RA) Series was created through a partnership between HIGN and the University of Memphis.
The courses in this series were created through funding provided by the US Health Resources and Services Administration. These courses are designed to help the learner recognize factors that impact the well-being of older adults through the lens of rural life by examining poor health outcomes and providing strategies to improve their health.
- Introduction to Rural Older Adults and Factors Impacting Health
- Age-Related Changes and Rural Older Adults
- Dementia, Delirium, and Depression in Rural Older Adults
- Best Practices in Communication with Rural Older Adults
- Chronic Disease Management of Rural Older Adults
- Policy, Residential, and Financial Implications for Older Adults in Rural America
The courses in the series can be completed individually or all together. Nursing CEs will be provided for each of the courses.