Care of Older Adults in the Long-Term Care Setting (COA-LTC) Series
1.0 - 1.5 Nursing Continuing Professional Development Contact Hours
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Direct Caregivers
- Registered Nurses
This series was created to ensure that all healthcare team members have the knowledge to care for older adults across the spectrum of long-term care. These courses promote team-based, coordinated, person-centered, evidence-based care for older adults in the long-term care setting.
The modules in this series can be completed individually or altogether. Nursing continuing professional development contact hours will be provided for registered courses only, not case studies.
Individuals who complete this series will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to care for older adults in long term care who have multiple co-morbidities and very often a diagnosis of dementia.
- Provide care that demonstrates respect and dignity to patients receiving care on the long-term care spectrum.
- Explain the various conditions older adults may present with while receiving care in various long-term care settings.
- Apply the 4Ms in providing quality care for older adults.
- Utilize the patient and family centered-care model in developing and implementing care plans.
Click below to purchase a series based on profession.
Primary Care Provider (PCP) Series
Courses and Case Studies
Click below to purchase individual courses and case studies.