Current Controversies in Ethics, Law, and Nursing: Challenges of Dementia Care
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Registered Nurses
This webinar covers ethical and legal issues in geriatric medicine, dialogue and guidance on daily practice issues in the care of older adults, the role of the nurse in addressing challenges and employing best practices, and policy opportunities to move an advanced care agenda forward.
As America begins to adjust to life after the implementation of the Patient Affordability Care Act (ACA), health care professionals in general are faced with a myriad of ethical, legal and policy concerns while engaged in patient care. For those professionals caring for older adults, the challenges are even more complex. With an aging population, and as the number of individuals with serious or life threatening illness continues to grow, the needs of geriatric patients and that of their families remains a public health concern. This webinar addresses contemporary issues faced by geriatric providers while they work to keep ethics in practice.
After viewing this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify ethical and legal issues in current geriatric nursing practice
- Provide dialogue and guidance on daily practice issues
- Discuss the role of the nurse in addressing challenges and employing best practices
- Identify policy opportunities to move an advanced care agenda forward