The Annual Summer Scholars program is a week-long, intensive, summer seminar held virtually through the New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing. This program is open to doctorally prepared nurses, physicians, social workers, occupational and physical therapists, pharmacists and other health care professionals. It is an in-depth mentoring experience with nationally recognized geriatric researchers.
View scholars testimonials at the HIGN YouTube channel.
Faculty Mentors include:
- Tara Cortes, PhD, RN, FAAN | Executive Director, HIGN
Professor of Geriatric Nursing, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Bei Wu, PhD | Director for Research, HIGN
Director, Global Health & Aging Research Dean’s Professor in Global Health, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing, Co-Director, NYU Aging Incubator
- Ab Brody, PhD, RN, FAAN, FPCN | Associate Director, HIGN
Associate Professor, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Meredeth Rowe, RN, PhD, FAAN
Professor, University of South Florida College of Nursing
- Engage in scientific discourse and critical analysis of scholars’ research aims, significance and innovation through expert presentations, small group discussions with interprofessional faculty
- Improve grantsmanship, knowledge and skills
- Different tracks for domestic and international attendees
- To assist in the refinement of a program of innovative research
- To gain a competitive edge for funding
- To foster successful programs in research with significant implications for practice
- Doctorally-prepared researchers, clinicians, and educators from universities, healthcare institutions, public health organizations, and government entities.
- Demonstrated potential for conducting research in chronic disease management, palliative care or aging related fields.
Up to 20 scholars are chosen by a competitive application process on a rolling basis
Download the 2021 Application here.