Gerontological Certification Review Course
Course CE Credits
30 Nursing Continuing Education Contact Hours
Course Target Audience
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
The Gerontological Certification Review Course is a collection of 13 modules created by the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing in 2021. These modules review knowledge of geriatric nursing and can be used in conjunction with conventional test preparation for the Gerontological Nursing Certification Exam.
The course consists of 13 individual and interactive online modules featuring the latest content developed by faculty at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing, engaging graphics, and knowledge checks for learners as they proceed through the learning content. Additionally, learners can further test their knowledge with two provided practice tests of 125 multiple choice questions each covered throughout the course. Learners can reference rationales for each question response with the accompanying practice test guide.
The content covers the following topics:
- Overview: Gerontological Nursing Certification Review Course
- Foundations of Practice for Gerontological Nursing
- Health Promotion and Assessment and Age-Related Changes
- Geriatric Syndromes
- Psychological Issues: The Three D's: Depression, Dementia and Delirium
- Palliative Care
- Common Cardiovascular Health Conditions
- Common Health Conditions-Part 1
- Common Health Conditions-Part 2
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Healthcare Policy
- Special Populations of Older Adults
The modules in the course can be completed individually or all together. Nursing CE’s will be provided for the entire course or as individual modules.