Gerontological Certification Review Course
30 Nursing Continuing Professional Development Contact Hours
- Registered Nurses
This series is highly acclaimed as a preparation course for the Gerontological Nursing Certification Exam.
This course provides a comprehensive review of the care of older adults and is organized to reflect the specific sections of the exam. It includes two 150 item sample tests with complete explanations for each item answer.
Nursing continuing professional development contact hours will be provided for each of the modules.
Individuals who complete this series will be able to:
- Review foundational knowledge of geriatric nursing care.
- Recognize various conditions that present when caring for older adults.
- Summarize the non-clinical aspects of care, including legal and ethical issues, health policy and health promotion.
- Recognize the unique needs of special populations receiving geriatric care.
The content covers the following topics:
- Overview: Gerontological Nursing Certification Review Course
- Foundations of Practice for Gerontological Nursing
- Health Promotion and Assessment and Age-Related Changes
- Geriatric Syndromes
- Psychological Issues: The Three D's: Depression, Dementia and Delirium
- Palliative Care
- Common Cardiovascular Health Conditions
- Common Health Conditions-Part 1
- Common Health Conditions-Part 2
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Healthcare Policy
- Special Populations of Older Adults