Foundations of Nursing Care for Older Adults Series
Course Target Audience
- Registered Nurses
The Foundations of Nursing Care for Older Adults series consists of 13 individual and interactive online modules featuring the latest content developed by faculty at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing, engaging graphics, and knowledge checks for learners as they proceed through the learning content.
This series can be taken by RNs who are working in a variety of settings including hospital care, home health care, assisted-living, PACE programs, and nursing homes.
Content topics include:
- Foundations of Practice for Gerontological Nursing
- Integrating the 4Ms into the Care of Older Adults
- Health Promotion and Assessment and Age-Related Changes
- Geriatric Syndromes
- Psychological Issues: The Three D's: Depression, Dementia and Delirium
- Palliative Care
- Common Cardiovascular Health Conditions
- Common Health Conditions-Part 1
- Common Health Conditions-Part 2
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Healthcare Policy
- Special Populations of Older Adults
The modules in the series can be completed individually or altogether. Nursing CEs will be provided for each of the modules.