The 22nd annual Summer Scholars program is a week-long, intensive, interprofessional seminar offered by the Hartford Institute Geriatric Nursing (HIGN) at New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing. Focused on research related to the aging population, the program is led by geriatric experts from HIGN and includes faculty from the disciplines of social work, medicine, dentistry, occupational therapy, physical therapy and other professional programs. This in-depth mentoring experience with nationally recognized geriatric researchers is open to any healthcare professional interested in advancing a research track in the area of gerontology. Many of our past participants have gone on to be awarded NIH and other prestigious funding.
(2018 Cohort with Faculty Members)
- Engage in scientific discourse and critical analysis of scholars’research aims, significance and innovation through expert presentations, small group discussions with interprofessional faculty
- Improve grantmanship, knowledge and skills
- Different tracks for domestic and international attendees
- To assist in the refinement of a program of innovative research
- To gain a competitive edge for funding
- To foster successful programs in research with significant implications for practice
- Doctorally-prepared researchers, clinicians, and educators from universities, healthcare institutions, public health organizations and government entities.
- Demonstrated potential for conducting research in chronic disease management, palliative care or aging related fields.
Up to 20 scholars are chosen by a competitive application process on a rolling basis
FEATURING FACULTY MEMBERS:
Ab Brody, PhD, RN, FAAN, FPCN
Associate Director, HIGN
Associate Professor, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
Tara Cortes, PhD, RN, FAAN
Executive Director, HIGN
Professor of Geriatric Nursing, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
Meredeth Rowe, RN, PhD, FAAN
Professor, University of South Florida College of Nursing
Bei Wu, PhD
Director for Research, HIGN
Director, Global Health & Aging Research
Dean’s Professor in Global Health, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
View scholars testimonials at the HIGN YouTube channel.
For more information, please email: email@example.com