HIGN's competitive application development program is for NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing's baccalaureate students. The HIGUS program seeks to engage and develop undergraduate students interested in specializing in the care of older adults through mentorship, additional training, and utilizing the resources of HIGN and NYU Meyers.
The Program includes:
- Small Group Workshops with Interprofessional Faculty
- Mentorship from NYU Geriatrics Faculty
- Geriatric Focused Clinical Experiences
- Integrative, Independent Mentored Clinical Review Project
- Counts for 1 Baccalaureate Program Nursing Elective
- Students in good standing and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the nursing sequence.
- Accelerated baccalaureate students currently in the second nursing sequence are eligible for the summer cohort.
- Traditional baccalaureate students currently in the second nursing sequence are eligible for the fall cohort.
Donna McCabe, DNP, APRN-BC, GNP
Clinical Assistant Professor